ONE WAY WIRE ROPE PULLERS WITH CAPACITIES FROM 3,700 TO 25,000 LBS.
* Standard motors are ball bearing, all weather,
high starting torque type 220-440 V, 3 phase 60 cycle.
* Drums are fabricated with a smooth face & flanges for large rope capacity.
Fabricated steel base rigidly welded channel frame design to maintain accurate alignment.
* V-Belt driven drive-reducer from motor
to torque arm reducer.
* Precision cut, alloy steel, spur pinions and gears have protective guards.
* Drum drag brake eliminates spinning
and over-travel of the drum when paying out rope.
* Hand lever operated jaw clutch permits quick engagement and disengagement of powerr
to the drum.
* Anti-friction flange type bearings usedon the drum.
* Anti-friction pillow block bearings used on the Countershaft.
STEPHENS-ADAMSON STYLE 970
SINGLE DRUM REVERSIBLE (SDR) CAR PULLERS WITH CAPACITITES FROM 7,000 TO 34,000 LBS.
Both ends of the rope dead end
at the drum and as the rope is wound onto the drum on one end, the same amount of rope is paid of the other end. All 970 SDR
car pullers include a standard limit switch arrangment devised to protect against "double wrapping" of the rope on the drum.
Chain drive and concentric type reducer whichis more suitable for the higher torque requirements.
* Drum uses hardened steel groves
to the diameter of wire rope used. Ends of drums are machined with an indexing shoulder to insure concentricity of the drum gear.
Precision cut, alloy steel, spur pinions and gears with proctective guards.
* Anti-friction flange type bearings are used on drum.
Dead shaft supported on anchor blocks.
* Anti-friction pillow block bearings are used on countershaft.
* Rotary type limit switch driven
from countershaft to control travel limits is standard equipment.
* Typical hook arrangment normally used with single drum or double
drum car pullers for two way movement of cars.